A universal automotive customer requirement is for their suppliers to implement APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) and PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) in full conformity with the IATF 16949 standard and the five 'reference manuals'.
This 1-day ‘face-to-face’ course provides a succinct explanation of the APQP process and the importance of PPAP for staff.
Modern QMS plus APQP & PPAP
- Modern quality management system (QMS)
- Focus on ‘up-front’ planning & pre-emptive action
- Workshop: QMS ~ fundamental concepts
- Overview of APQP and PPAP
- The primary APQP objective
- APQP & PPAP and IATF 16949 application
Customer requirements for IATF 16949 and APQP & PPAP system
- Automotive supply chain ~ Standardized requirements
- IATF 16949 goal, focus and core tools
- Customer demands for IATF 16949, APQP & PPAP
- APQP & PPAP supply chain applicability
- Workshop: specific demands for APQP & PPAP
Conformity and competence
- Standardized approach to APQP & PPAP
- IATF 16949 and APQP & PPAP conformity
- Core tools deployment and competence
- Key core tools and techniques
- New FMEA developments – AIAG & VDA
- Workshop: identifying ‘skills gaps’
APQP structure, planning, communication
- APQP structure – the ‘5-phases’
- Product quality planning timing chart
- Participants in the PBS (Product Breakdown Structure)
- APQP ‘cascade’ and communication through PBS
- _ Workshop: defining your level in the PBS_
- Tutor advisement: the ‘responsibility’ matrix
Phase 1 – Planning
- Phase 1 goal
- Phase 1 inputs and outputs
- Phase 1 elements, deliverable and key milestones
- Conformity with APQP Chapter 1
Phase 2 – Product design and development
- Phase 2 goal
- Phase 2 inputs and outputs
- Phase 2 elements, deliverable and key milestones
- Conformity with APQP Chapter 2
Phase 3 – Process design and development
- Phase 3 goal
- Phase 3 inputs and outputs
- Phase 3 elements, deliverable and key milestones
- Conformity with APQP Chapter 3
Phase 4 – Product and process validation
- Phase 4 goal
- Phase 4 inputs and outputs
- Phase 4 elements, deliverable and key milestones
- Conformity with APQP Chapter 4
Phase 5 – Production
- Phase 5 goal
- Phase 5 inputs and outputs
- Phase 5 elements, deliverable and key milestones
- Conformity with APQP Chapter 5
Benefits of APQP & PPAP
- Benefits of APQP & PPAP
- APQP benefits should be tangible and obvious!
- Prepare to deal with ‘dissenters’ and the ‘excuses’
- Words of wisdom (Edwards Deming)
- APQP key success factors
Who should attend
This course is specifically aimed at top management, managers, supervisory staff and team leaders who support and manage colleagues who will be conducting APQP and PPAP for automotive customers.
The course contains many Quizzes, Exercises and Workshops – with tutor feedback to ensure a correct understanding of the principles and practices involved.
Apart from the nominated staff – all personnel participating in the APQP phases, elements and deliverables (including sign-off of the PPAP submission document) will benefit from attending this course.
The course content is based on over 40-years’ experience deploying APQP & PPAP in the automotive sector.
Individuals who successfully complete the course will be confident to support the deployment of APQP & PPAP and identify 'gaps' in compliance and competence with requirements.
Everyone successfully completing the 1-day 'face-to-face' course will receive a training certificate containing the TEC's internationally-recognized logo.