TEC Transnational are a UK-based IAQG-approved TP (Training Provider) qualified and authorized to deliver all of the IAQG-sanctioned courses and examinations.
Students who successfully complete the IAQG 9100 Aerospace Industry Specific Course and Exam (IAQG Reference: A3) will be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of the aerospace industry, regulatory requirements, and related industry-specific best-practices and procedures (e.g. FAIR, Key Characteristics, FOD control, Calibration control, Special Processes, Risk Management, Product safety (Ethical Behaviour), etc.).
The course is highly interactive and features class quizzes, individual and group activities and a written examination.
The 3-day course addresses the following topics through interactive training, individual & group assignments and workshop sessions –
- Quality perspective of the aerospace/defence industry
- Overview of the National Aviation Authority roles, responsibilities, and regulations, including how to obtain additional information
- Principles of Military aerospace requirements and regulations, including how to obtain additional information
- Overview government space organization roles, responsibilities, and regulations, including how to obtain additional information
- Overview airworthiness and aviation safety requirements, including how to obtain additional information
- Understanding Aerospace Quality Management Systems – using the process approach
- Overview of AS/EN9100:2009 requirements
- Design, development, verification, and validation processes specific to the aerospace industry
- The process of FAI (first article inspection) in line with AS/EN9102A
- Aerospace material traceability requirements and accountability systems
- Identification of aerospace subcontractor approval and control requirements
- Process capability studies and basic SPC for handling variation management of key characteristics (AS/EN9103)
- Quality requirements ‘flow down’ of requirements
- Foreign Object Damage (FOD) prevention program requirements
- Use of customer property and supplied products
- MSE, calibration controls and positive recall system
- Acceptance authority media and stamp control
- Special processes – including Nadcap
- Identification of nonconforming material, system requirements, and operation
- Sampling inspection requirements and limitations
- Program/project management in the aerospace industry
- Product safety (Ethical Behaviour),
- Risk management
- Mission assurance/safety
- Configuration management/requirements control – ‘mod status’
Who should attend
This 3-day IAQG-sanctioned course (IAQG Reference: A3) is intended for potential CB auditors who need to make the transition to Aerospace Experienced Auditor status. Students should already be qualified as IAQG AA, AEA or ALA for AS9100. A thorough knowledge of the latest edition of AS9100 is considered to be essential.
Evidence of a student’s achievements of all learning objectives is measured through a combination of quizzes, continual evaluation throughout the duration of the course plus a written and multiple-choice answer examination. The examination duration is 1½ hours – the pass-mark is 70%.
Students who successfully complete the Course & Exam will be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of the aerospace/defence industry, regulatory requirements, and related industry-specific best practices and procedures. A certificate containing the TEC Transnational and IAQG logos is presented to each student who successfully completes the course and passes the examination (>70%).