This unique 1-day course is focused on the AS9100:2016 Rev D Standard and examines in detail – through interactive sessions – the purpose and interpretation of each of the additional AS9100:2016 Rev D requirements added to the generic ISO 9001:2015 standard.
Contact us for courses dates
By the end of this 1-day course and workshop participants will be able to -
- understand and interpret all of the additional AS100:2016 Rev D requirements plus related contractual and regulatory requirements, and
- appreciate the benefits of adopting the modern, visual process approach to QMS design and documentation
Course topics include -
Aviation, Space and Defence Auditor Qualification
- Auditor approval requirements for the AS9100:2016 standard
Understanding the ‘core concepts’
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (P-D-C-A) cycle
- Risk-based thinking
- The process-approach
- The relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction
- Quality management terminology and definitions
- The Quality Management Principles
The IAQG series of international standards
- IAQG purpose and objectives
- The IAQG “active” signatories
- IAQG standards and minimum requirements
- Associated aerospace standards and guidance documents
Quality management system documentation
- Understanding conformance and performance
- Adopting a ‘process-based approach’ to quality management systems
- Process definitions and process-level metrics (PEARs)
- Assessing QMS performance and process-level effectiveness
Third-party certification process
- Certification Body auditing using the “process approach” (AS9101)
- Understanding “customer focus” –
- QMS Q & D performance management
- Customer-specific QMS requirements
The OASIS database
- Locating, understanding and using the OASIS database
- Appointing an IAQG OASIS Administrator
- OASIS feedback process
Regulatory authority, space and military requirements
- Understanding the hierarchy of the regulatory authority requirements
- The role of EASA (with special reference to EASA Pt 21 G & J)
- Regulation organisational structure
- Defence QMS requirements (MoD & NATO)
Understanding and interpreting the AS9100:2016 QMS requirements
Highly interactive session: in-depth explanation the purpose and interpretation of each of the additional AS9100:2016 aerospace requirements added to ISO 9001:2015 - with examples of practical implementation strategies and highlighting of audit targets.
Special attention to the use of the modern, visual ‘process-based approach’ and the 'active management' of quality management system and process-level effectiveness.
In-company courses may be organised at any time and are extremely cost-effective on a ‘cost-per-student’ basis. The host company is responsible for the venue costs.
We can accommodate up to 10 (maximum) delegates per session.
Who should attend
The course is suitable for management teams, process owners, internal auditors and supplier auditors who need to understand and interpret the AS9100:2016 requirements in a practical manner.
The course also provides the essential knowledge for students who are planning to enroll in our 5-day IRCA-certified QMS Lead Auditor - AS9100:2016 variant (IRCA-certified course) or our 2-day AS9100:2016 Internal Auditor Training Course.
Individuals who successfully complete the course will -
- be better equipped to understand the meaning and purpose of the AS9100:2016 standard requirements
- be confident in knowing acceptable implementation strategies in the design and/or manufacturing environment
- identify audit questions to test the efficacy of a QMS
- identify risks and opportunities within the QMS
- identify weaknesses in QMS performance (e.g. quality and delivery), process-level effectiveness and management commitment
- be able to accrue IRCA CPD points because of the highly structured nature of this course
- The organization will –
- be confident that their personnel understand the AS9100:2016 Rev D requirements – and how they apply to their own processes
- understand the importance of monitoring QMS performance and process effectiveness
- be able to identify key audit questions and know that the outcomes of their audits will meet the expectations of aerospace/defence industry customers and Certification Bodies
Option to sit a written test-of-understanding (1½-hours duration).
All participants will receive a training certificate containing the TEC Transnational logo – confirming their understanding of the changed requirements.