The IAQG-sanctioned 9100:2016 AATT (Aerospace Auditor Transition Training) has been mandated by the IAQG to satisfy the Foundation Course training requirement for 9100:2016 AQMS auditor authentication.
TEC Transnational are a UK-based IAQG TP (Training Provider) approved by the UK TPAB to deliver the IAQG-sanctioned AATT courses and on-line examinations.
TEC is an active TP, and we are offering a programme of AATT 2016 sessions in England, UK throughout 2019 & 2020.
Next AATT course will be held on 30 September - 3 October 2019 at the Woodland Grange Conference Centre, Leamington Spa, UK
Online Modules (10 and 15+ hours)
The 9100 Online Component includes the ISO 9001:2015 Pre-Assessment, Foundations: Understanding 9100 Online Training, 9100:2016 Forms and Audit Reporting Training, and Trial Assessment Scenario 1 and 2. These elements are completed (and assessed) on-line, and take between 10 and 15+ hours to complete.
Once you have completed the above, you will have access to the dashboard where you can purchase your on-line modules which are payable to the IAQG by credit card and cost $445.00 USD.
Complete all ‘required’ on-line modules which are self-paced and can be completed at your leisure but must be successfully completed prior to attending the instructor-led training. Once purchased you will have access to the modules for one-year and can be accessed at any time. Note that t___imed assessment modules must be completed in a single session._
The on-line modules identified as ‘optional’ are recommended but not required.In the case of Trial Assessment Scenario 2, participants are encouraged to wait until the instructor-led training portion of the AATT (day 3) is completed before attempting this module.
Instructor-led Training (4-days)
Once you have completed your on-line modules, click on the right hand side of your screen to select your chosen TEC instructor-led training session which is a 4-day training course. The four-day instructor-led portion of the AATT training focuses on the applying the 9100:2016 requirements in audit situations using 9101:2016 forms and in consideration of 9101:2016 requirements. The fourth day of the instructor-led course is reserved for final examination.
The Instructor-led portion is held at the Woodland Grange Conference Centre, Royal Leamington Spa, UK
The on-line proctored exams are undertaken during Day 4 and comprise the 9100/9101 Knowledge Examination (1hr 30min) and the Application Examination (2hr). Your score for the application section is the combined result of your online Application Examination, personal interview, and the continuous evaluation during the training class (which includes written reports and oral communication of conclusions regarding the Case Study material).
Finally, scroll down to the bottom of this section to book and pay for your attendance at TEC’s instructor-led training. The cost of the 4-day 9100 AATT instructor-led training is £1600.00 + VAT per person. You will then receive formal confirmation and registration details from TEC - which will include hotel details.
Training and Entry Knowledge
- Successful completion of QMS Lead Auditor training
- Working knowledge of 9100:2016 requirements
- Basic knowledge of ISO/IEC 17021-1, 9101:2016 requirements, and 9101 Forms
- It is recommended that you purchase the official (published) version of 9100:2016, 9101:2016, and ISO/IEC 17021-1 standards from your local standards publication body.
- To download the current versions of the 9101 forms - click here
Online Training (9100 Online Component)
- Complete all required online modules prior to attending instructor-led training (see “Course details” for details on required online coursework).
- NOTE: This is a self-paced online programme. You can complete the included training modules at your leisure. You will have access to the online training modules for 1-year from the initial purchase date, and can access the training modules at any time. Timed assessment modules must be completed in a single session.
Call our AATT Helpline (+44 (0)7770 664 790) for details of the 2018 AATT Instructor-led (‘face-to-face’) Training courses
The instructor-led course must have a minimum of 9 (nine) and maximum of 12 (twelve) students to run – this is an IAQG rule. Each session must meet these requirements to run.
The sooner you register, the sooner TEC Transnational can confirm the class to run!
Your course tutors are Dr David Scrimshire & Leigh Rogers
Our training venue is The Woodland Grange Conference Centre & Hotel close to Leamington Spa in Warwickshire. The venue is located at the heart of the motorway network (M40, M42, M6 and M69), Leamington Spa railway station, and Birmingham International Airport – all within a 15-20 minute drive away.
The online modules identified as required must be completed prior to attending the instructor-led training.
The online modules identified as optional are highly-recommended, but not required. In the case of Trial Assessment Scenario 2, participants are encouraged to wait until the instructor-led training portion of the AATT (day 3) is completed before attempting this module.
ISO 9001:2015 Pre-Assessment (Required)
Evaluation to assess the trainees’ knowledge of specific changes in the ISO 9001:2015 standard. You are required to achieve an overall score of 80% to pass this assessment. This assessment is divided into two sections:
- Knowledge Questions (50 questions)
- Short Scenario Questions (6 scenarios, 12 questions)
Foundations: Understanding 9100 Online Training (Required)
This is a prerequisite to attend the Aerospace Auditor Transition Training (AATT) and will help you develop the following competencies:
- Understanding the relationship of standards published under the IAQG umbrella
- Understanding the hierarchy of authority’s requirements and applicable advisory material, where to obtain additional information, and how to incorporate authority’s requirements into the AQMS audit activities
- Describing the IAQG 9104/sector scheme requirements for AQMS certification/registration programs
- Describing the auditor approval requirements (as defined in 9104-3:2007)
- Locating the OASIS database and describing its function
- Explaining the intent and requirement of each clause/sub-clause of 9100:2016
- Identifying the audit evidence required to demonstrate conformity to 9100:2016 requirements
- Describing the documentation required by 9100:2016
9100 Forms and Audit Reporting Training (Required)
The purpose of this training is to address the requirements of 9100:2016, in the context of a third-party audit, considering the use of 9101:2016 forms and the conformity with 9101:2016 requirements.
Trial Assessment Scenario 1 and 2 & Review (Optional - but recommended)
Each Trial Assessment scenario consists of a single 20-minute scenario, with three question screens, that asks you to evaluate audit evidence and make decisions based on your understanding of 9100:2016 and your ability to use the 9101:2016 forms.
Once you complete the scenario, you will be taken to the Trial Assessment Scenario Review module, where the correct answers will be explained along with the rationale.
- Evaluation Criteria
- Bridge from eLearning
- Pre-Audit and Stage 1
- Audit Planning
- Audit Planning (continued)
- Auditing Top Management
- Auditing Process Owners
- Auditing Process Trails
- Conclusions, Reporting, and Certification Recommendation
- Conclusions, Reporting, and Certification Recommendation (continued)
- Role-play (Forms Application based on Case Study)
- Short Scenario Situations (9100/9101 Application)
- Surveillance, Recertification, and Special Audits
Requirements for successful completion
Successful completion of the 9100 AATT requires that you achieve a passing score on both the Knowledge and Application Examination.
The 9100/9101 Knowledge Examination is 1.5 hours in length and has sixty multiple-choice questions - the pass mark is 80%. Failure to achieve this score will require a full Knowledge Retake on the online platform. This retake must be completed in a proctored environment.
Failure to achieve the required score on the Knowledge Examination will require a full knowledge retake.
Your score for the application section is the combined result of your online application exam (2-hours), interview, and the continuous evaluation during the training class (which includes written reports and oral communication of conclusions regarding the case study material). If the auditor score is:
- Equal or Greater than 80%: Auditor pass
- Between 60%and 79%: Auditor needs to apply to the 9100 Application Retake
- Below 60%: Auditor needs to re-attempt the full 9100 AATT. A full re-attempt requires that the auditor re-purchase and complete the 9100 Online Component, and attend a new four-day 9100 AATT Instructor-Led Session offered by any approved AATT Training Provider
The online application retake is 2-hours in length and follows the same structure of the final application examination on the 4th day of the training. This retake must be completed in a proctored environment. If the score is lower than 80%, another retake can be done, up to a maximum of two times. Two failures on the application retake will require applying to the entire four-day training again.
Who should attend
Individuals seeking "9100 AQMS auditor authentication" as AEAs (Aerospace Experienced Auditor) or AAs (Aerospace Auditor). Auditor candidates may apply for authentication as an AQMS Auditor at one of the two available grades; either AA or AEA in any of the three AQMS standards (9100, 9110 and 9120) once they have successfully completed the AATT Course & applicable Exams. In the UK, APMG is an approved Aerospace Quality Management System (AQMS) Auditor Authentication Body (AAB) for the International Aerospace Quality Group’s ICOP (Industry Controlled Other Party) scheme. The ICOP scheme is an accredited third-party management system certification scheme that includes three standards (9100, 9110 and 9120) that are based upon the ISO 9001:2015 quality management system standard and include additional aviation, space and defence industry requirements.
APMG contact details –
e-mail IAQG support: [email protected]
The course will also be of value to individuals who wish to conduct second-party AS9100:2016 audits (e.g. supply chain auditing).
Individuals who pass will receive a certificate of successful completion that satisfies the Foundations training course requirement for AA/AEA authentication through an approved AAB - in the UK this is *APMG.
TEC's training venue is "The Woodland Grange Conference Centre" – an award winning residential conference centre and Hotel close to Leamington Spa in Warwickshire. Set within 16 acres of grounds, the venue is located at the heart of the motorway network, with the M40, M42, M6 and M69 all within a 20 minute drive away. Birmingham International Airport and Leamington Spa Railway Station are short taxi drives away.