TEC launches 'hands-on' AS9100:2016 QMS Documentation Course & Workshop
Author: Dr David Scrimshire
Company: TEC Transnational Ltd
Original article: http://www.tectransnational.com/training-and-qualification/as9100-2016-documenting-the-qms
TEC launches new ‘hands-on’ AS9100:2016 QMS Documentation Course & Workshop
TEC Transnational have accumulated an extensive knowledge of how to document and implement modern, process-based quality systems from working with hundreds of aerospace and defence clients in the UK, Europe, USA and Russia. During these assignments we have drastically reduced the volume of unnecessary narrative procedures, and created truly process-based systems - with operation processes visually mapped onto just a few pages! With QMS performance, process effectiveness and customer satisfaction monitoring built-in, this has resulted in highly efficient and streamlined business models and user-friendly quality management systems - that are also easy to use, audit and maintain.
TEC’s ‘know-how’ is now available through a new 2-day practical course and workshop called “Documenting the AS9100:2016 QMS”. Participants will learn in a structured manner how to -
- interpret the new AS9100:2016 series requirements
- plan the upgrade an existing QMS
- create process-based documentation - using Microsoft© apps
- document and implement systems for monitoring QMS performance, customer satisfaction and process effectiveness
- conduct an internal audit programme and value-adding reviews
- extend their QMS to embrace environmental and other requirements in an IMS (Integrated Management System)
- identify ‘skills-gaps’ needed to address APQP & PPAP, MSA, 8-D Problem Solving and Capability Studies & SPC
Assessment of learning is achieved through structured exercises undertaken individually and in teams. TEC’s Tutors provide feedback and advice to ensure that best practice is fully understood in the context of the aerospace/defence industry. By the end of the two days participants will be equipped to update their organization’s QMS documentation - with many of the ‘difficult’ tasks undertaken during the class exercises.
The next course runs on 4th & 5th May at the Woodland Grange Conference Centre, Leamington Spa, UK.