TEC Transnational’s APQP & PPAP Implementation Programme provides the required ‘external resource’ to create and implement a practical APQP process customised to your individual needs and the requirements of your customers.
Our experienced consultants work on-site with your personnel throughout development to provide all of the training, coaching and implementation support required.
The following are the key topics included -
- Initial review of site operations, existing QMS and documentation/records related to new product introduction issues
- Identification of key aerospace (and defence customers) - determination of their contractual requirements for APQP & PPAP
- Gap Analysis of the existing process for new product introduction - identification of all shortcomings
- Design and documentation of an effective APQP & PPAP.The ‘bespoke’ process will contain activities/procedures to address the following activities -
- Product Design & Development
Note: some of activities may be omitted for ‘make-to-print’ organizations - but it is essential that the organization’s APQP & PPAP process can interface with a customer/design authority
- Manufacturing process design and development
- Product and process validation
- Production product approval process (PPAP)
- Supply product - serial production
Provision (on-site) of the required training courses and coaching/mentoring sessions, to include –
- Aerospace Risk Management & FMEA (SAE-J1739)
- Capability studies & SPC (AS9103)
- Measurement Systems Analysis - Gauge R & R (AS13003)
The global aviation and defence Primes and Tier-1 Organizations are expecting their suppliers to implement robust systems to support trouble-free New Product Introduction **similar to those that have been in use in the automotive sector for over 15-years. **APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) in a structured method of defining and establishing the steps necessary to assure that a product satisfies the customer - and that it can be delivered right first time, every time, on time and at cost as mandated in the AS9145:2016 standard
APQP starts with product design and then proceeds to develop a robust manufacturing system and its related process flow chart, control plan, process FMEA, MSA, FAIR, capability study, SPC and culminating in the PPAP (Production Part/Product Approval Process). The APQP process must be formal, documented and be seamlessly embedded into your existing AS9100 QMS (Quality Management System).
The APQP process must represent global aerospace supply chain best practices and contain innovative approaches that can benefit your business.It must also meet the generic requirements of all of the global Primes and Tier-1 Organizations.
The deliverable is a practical and effective APQP & PPAP programme which creates a practical APQP process and provides training of the people who will be operating the system when we are no longer around.
TEC Transnational are a consulting and training organization – we are implementation specialists with over 30-years’ experience implementing APQP & PPAP in the automotive industry.